What education does LPC-Associate have? LPC associates have completed their Masters work in a counseling or related field with at least 48 semester hours degrees plan. During their education, they participate in supervised practicum experience counseling clients. The practicum is a minimum of 300 hours and can be longer.
How are LPS-Associates supervised? During this time the LPC Associates at the Mental Health Clinic are supervised directly by Dr Whitely. Clients have the unique benefit of having two clinicians working on their case. Because LPC-Associates are required to meet weekly with their supervisor, Dr Whitely.
Why hire and LPC-Associate? In the minimum 18 months awaiting full licensure, LPC- Associates cannot accept insurance and therefore they accept lower out of pocket fees than a fully licensed LPC. Often LPC- Associates fees are close to your regular insurance copay amount. LPC-Associates fees are $50 per session or a further reduced fee of $25 for families who are enrolled in a Medicaid assistance plan and still choose to pay an LPC-Associate and not bill their insurance company.
Advantages of LPC Associate as Counselors:
* Energy and Enthusiasm about their profession
* More Flexibility in scheduling
* Willingness to learn; Actively are engaged in weekly supervision
* Attention to detail about your case ; Associates spend time crafting their skill set during these first few years
* Current training in recent research and evidence based practices in the field
* Reduced rates!